Monday 22 July 2013

Nettlebed Park

Nettlebed is about 20 minutes drive from Didcot. It's on the way to Henley on the A4130, the High Street. Drive past The White Heart on your left and take the next left into Watlington Street. The park is a little way further up on your right. There is a specific car park.

Find this park on the google map I made for you. 





This park has the most shade I have seen. Lovely. And conveniently placed benches.




The longest monkey bars I have ever seen!


We spent two hours in this park. It isn't huge but my children really enjoyed themselves.

Afterwards we went to The White Heart. The children's main menu is good value - £5.00 - and my children ate the lot. I had a George Osbourne Special - a great gourmet burger with some fantastic wedges. It is a lovely pub, quite busy, but good service. The staff also let my son have a toilet break from the park - nice people. 

There is a school in Nettlebed, a few shops. 

Fans of James Bond will know Ian Flemming's family home was here. 

There is every chance we'll go back to Nettlebed park, perhaps on the way to/ from Henley. 





No comments:

Post a Comment