Wednesday 6 November 2013

Cholsey Park 

I had never been to Cholsey until Sunday. A few people told me what a great park is has. Actually, it has two play parks in the recreation ground. One is enclosed, the other is at the far end and is not.

The recreation ground is very easy to find. It's off Station Road and has plenty of car parking space, being outside the village hall, 'The Pavilion'. 

Find this park on the google map I made for you. 

Of course it's possible to get to Cholsey by train. 

Despite the cold we stayed for 1.5 hours, and tried out both play areas. 


Apparently is is possible to buy fresh fish on Fridays in the village and I have been told it's lovely. 







Equipment in the enclosed area. As you can see, there's a wide variety. 
























The landlord of the Red Lion allows children to use his loo. There is one he built in an outside 'shed'.





There is a school in the village and also a variety of shops. 

I intend to visit again, not least because the church is kept locked. Luckily a friend knows the lady with the key so my curiosity can still be 
satisfied. 



No comments:

Post a Comment