Sunday 24 May 2015

Prospect Park, Reading. 

If you would like this blog as an app, it is available to download, for free, here.

I'm from Reading and this is the park I went to most often when small. Myself and my siblings spent many happy days here. It is well worth the trip, if you haven't been, or if you are planning on visiting SavaCentre in Calcot and want something fun to do nearby. 

There is a load to do at this park. For a start, an ice cream van is ALWAYS here. There are, importantly, loos. There's a wood, a little railway which is brilliant fun and can be hired out for children's parties (my little cousin recently had his 6th birthday party here - there's a huge room for food etc). There is the refurbished Manor House Harvestor, which is impossible to miss as it sits atop the hill in the centre of the park, to round off the day when your kids are knackered and famished! Personally I like the Harvester because I remember what was there before - a great big hazard, a dilapidated danger pit. We had the police visit our primary school before every holiday to tell us all to steer clear of it. 

There is also a duck pond here, lots of lovely flowery trees, and a great hill for your children to roll down. We used to go with our sledge when it snowed. The horses are no longer in the paddock but this doesn't diminish the fun:) There is also a fair here annually. I once won a goldfish there - Sammy the Fish. It didn't last long:( 

Here is a link to the model railway website - with calendar! 

Google Map


Pics

A huge park. Very busy. I do find busy parks stressful because our kids are not always visible, but the equipment here is great. I'm pretty sure it's the same stuff I played on! 




Many trees were blown down in that great storm in the mid 80s. The whole wood looked like this!




My son is now obsessed with tennis so I've a feeling we'll be trying out more tennis courts! 



There didn't used to be railing around the pond:( Very sad.




 x100 better!! 


It really is glorious here! 



In case you get lost!







No comments:

Post a Comment